Happy Tuesday babes!! Long time no post… I know! I just got back from a week in NYC for New York Fashion Week! I flew to New York ALL BY MYSELF (eek) and stayed with girls I had never met before for the first few nights. This was my first time traveling alone and first time to a big city like New York! We gotta do things that are out of our comfort zone every once in awhile right? Since I’ve been traveling so much this year, I wanted to round up some of my favorite travel essentials.
I recently shared a post on What’s In My Travel Makeup Bag, so be sure to check that out if you haven’t already.
My Travel Essentials
- Grab & Go Clear Travel Bag – I have this in my purse for the plane. It has everything you would need on the go like band aids, electrolyte tabs, stevia (for my coffee), a travel eye mask, lip balm, face wipes, sheet mask for the plane, antibacterial wipes for the dirty plane, ibuprofen, a roller ball of peppermint and a roller ball of lavender – one for waking me up and when I’m feeling sick and one for helping me sleep), etc.
- Packing Cubes – these are a LIFE SAVER! They not only help me get organized while packing, but they condense everything in your suitcase to maximize space!
- Travel Makeup Bag – I love this one from ULTA that I shared in my What’s In My Travel Makeup Bag post + video. I always have this on my carry on or in my purse – If my bags get lost, at least I have this guy. Makeup is expensive, so it would be terrible to lose it all.
- Travel Steamer – This is a total must-have! I take this cute pink travel steamer with me everywhere! I have a larger one at home, but carry this one with me on-the-go. Clothing is easily wrinkled while traveling, and this takes seconds to heat up and use!
- Toiletry Bag – I got mine from Pixi, but linking a similar one. Any of them that hang and have enough space for full sized bottles is perfect!
- Travel Jewelry Organizer – another favorite that I carry with me for shooting outfits too! It has spots to hold your necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings…everything! It’s compact and perfect for on the go!
- Glamcor Riki Travel Mirror – This was a life saver in New York. Lighting in hotels can be awful, or if you’re sharing a hotel with someone and can’t use the mirror in the bathroom, this thing is perfect! It is an LED light up mirror with a stand and you can also use the magnifying mirror that magnetizes to the main piece, along with a piece for your phone. The mirror can use blue tooth to take selfies with! (Mind BLOWN) I have their cute carrying case for it too so it’s easy to pack.
- Cord Organizer Travel Pouch – I keep all of my cords in one bag, along with any camera necessities, like batteries, chargers, sim cards, etc. It expands to be a little larger too if needed.
- Travel Water Bottle – You always want some kind of travel container for liquids – buying bottled water at the airport can get very pricey. I love bringing my collapsible water bottle or my personalized water bottle from Lauren Mackenzie Decals. Just don’t forget to empty it before security! 😉 We have forgotten before!
- Luggage – I have to talk about luggage because as much as I love to be comfy and casual on the plane, I still like to look a little put together and luggage goes along with that! Why not have cute luggage that’s also functional? I got my 2 piece set from my friend Ashley for a wedding gift and I love them!! They are a champagne color and are a hard outer case. They’ve been with me all over Europe, as well as all over the US as of lately! Plus, they’re affordable! I recently saw that some bags now have built in chargers and locks, so I may have to invest in those soon, but these are perfect for now!
Other: My Camera – This is the camera I take with me everywhere- it works great for my vlogs, but also great for regular photos. I love that the screen flips up so you can see what you’re shooting when the camera is faced towards you. You can also use an app on your phone and do live view shooting! It’s came in handy so many times!
Another great post to check out is my Travel Outfit Post where I shared my Spotify Playlist for traveling!
Shop all of my favorite travel items below, plus a ton of other great travel items:
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found some amazing travel items for your next trip!