I don’t know about you, but I LIVE on dry shampoo! I typically wash my hair once a week, sometimes twice and the only thing that gets me to day 7 hair is a good dry shampoo. Having dark hair is a struggle with dry shampoo because some of them leave a white residue. I recently had an Instagram follower reach out and ask about my favorite dry shampoo so I figured it’s finally time to share a post with my favorites!
How to Apply Dry Shampoo
- Spray the product about 6 in from the scalp – focus on where the most oil buildup is
- Use fingers and massage into scalp
- Brush through with a comb/brush
- Use dry shampoo on 2-3 day hair as needed or use it on clean hair to add texture
My Top 5 Favorite Dry Shampoos for Dark Hair
- Batiste Hint of Color – Beautiful Brunette- let’s start with the drugstore one because I have used this for YEARS and love it! It’s affordable and they have a couple shades to choose from for a tint of color. I like the lighter brown (Beautiful Brunette) vs the darker brown (Divine Dark). This is formulated with rice starch, which helps to soak up oils.
- Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak – this is my go-to travel dry shampoo. It doesn’t have the hint of color like the Batiste one, but it doesn’t leave white residue like other drugstore dry shampoos. This product does not have rice starch, but I still recommend it.
- IGK Direct Flight Multi-Tasking Matcha Dry Shampoo – IGK is a new brand to me as of the last few months. I have tried their charcoal detox dry shampoo and this one. I love both of them, but the smell of this Matcha one is amazing and I really like the way it feels on my hair. Some dry shampoos can make your hair feel even more greasy, but my top 5 definitely do not! This one is not rice starch-based.
- Ouai Super Dry Shampoo – This is my favorite dry shampoo post-workouts. This one is super absorbant, with the rice starch, making it perfect to soak up any excess sweat and oil.
- Moroccanoil Dark Tones Dry Shampoo – I love Moroccanoil products, especially their smell. Their dry shampoo with a hint of color is amazing! No white residue at all and it also contains rice starch.
Shop the photo above by clicking on the images.
I hope you found this post helpful! Don’t forget to pin it for later or share it with friends if you liked it! As always, thanks for reading!