Happy Tuesday babes! I shared a post last year on How I Found Hunter Boots for Cheap, and now that rainy season has arrived, it’s the perfect time to talk about my fav rain boots again. To be honest, I used to dislike the look of rain boots. I thought they were just these clunky, bland boots. I didn’t know how to wear them and make them look fashionable, until the past couple years. Rain boots used to be a lot less fashionable too, so now that they make more slimming and fashionable styles, I love them! Now that I know how to style these boots, I wanted to share my tips so that you can love them too!
This outfit is very similar to the one in my last post. Why, you might ask? To prove that this is still the best way to style these boots – with my favorite jacket and scarf.
Tips on How to Style Rain Boots for Fall
- Avoid baggy or loose pants – the rain boots are already wide, so wearing baggy pants are going to make your legs look wider.
- Wear skinny jeans or leggings- the best way to keep things looking slim is to wear slimming bottoms.
- Pair it with a flowy top – think hour glass- wider up top, skinny in the middle, and then wider at the bottom. A flowy top will even everything out. Cardigans, tunics or any flowy top will work.
- Match the boots with your outfit – If you have red boots, pair it with a red lip, red earrings or a scarf that has a pop of red in it. If you stick with more neutral boots that can go with anything, try to tie a color from the boots in with your outfit.
- If you have a dress with boots, use leg warmers or boot inserts for fall to keep warm.
- Don’t forget accessories – Scarves, earrings, or a cute bubble umbrella are the perfect accessories to match with the boots.
Read on for my rain boots and accessories picks below.
Fashionable Rain Boots
Rain Jackets & Umbrellas
Thank you so much for reading!