Hi Friends!! Happy Tuesday! I’m finally sharing a highly requested video and blog post. I love wearing the KISS ImPRESS press on nails and wear them all the time. (I haven’t been back to the nail salon since before the pandemic last year). The number one issue I hear from people who try the ImPRESS nails is that they don’t stay on long enough for them. I can get mine to stay on for 2-3 weeks, so I’m here to share my TIPS and HACKS on keeping them on longer.
As with most things, not every tip or hack will work for everyone, but this is what I’ve found works best for me! I’m sharing the steps to applying them, along with my key tips below:
How To Apply ImPRESS Nails & How to Keep Them On Longer
APPLYING THE NAILS
- First, choose your nails. ImPRESS has tons of styles and shapes to choose from. I personally love the almond shape nails. They have a couture collection set that has been a favorite recently.
- Start with clean hands and nails. If you wash your hands, make sure none of your nails are wet- 30-60 minutes before applying. Your natural nails should not be longer than the adhesive on the back of the press on nails, so adjust as needed.
- Lay out all of the press on nails and size them to your nails.
- I start with a clear base coat or nail strengthener. Wait for that to dry and then use the included file to rough up the tops of your nails. Then use the alcohol wipe included.
- Next, apply the press on nails, starting with the outside pinky nails first and working your way in. Do you thumbs LAST! You will want your natural thumb nail available to peel the backing off of the press on nails ad apply to your nails.
- PRESS those nails on good! Give them a good press for about 30-60 seconds.
- AFTER applying, AVOID getting your nails wet for at least an hour. If you think you can’t hold off, then try applying them before bed.
- Wait 30-60 minutes to file the nails. There is a small notch on the tops of each nail that will need filing, but it’s best to wait to file them so you’re not moving the nail around while it’s trying to set.
- If you are a picker, do your best to AVOID picking at the nails, or these won’t last long on you.
- There may be times that the nails pop off. DON’T give up and take them off. Instead, reapply a base coat, rough up the nail with a file and apply a new nail that is as close in size as you can find.
- I like to keep the extra nails and file in my purse with me on the go in case any fall off.
- After a while, your nails will grow out and similar to having acrylic nails, your hair can easily get caught under the nail closest to the cuticle base. It’s frustrating, but the best thing you can do is AVOID running your hands through your hair. Easier said than done, I know, but trust me- it helps!
- Once you’ve gone as long as you can with the nails on, some of them are easy to peel off. Honestly, this is how I remove them, but the directions say to use a little drop of nail polish remover and put it between the press on and your nail and it will come off.
- Use a nail polish remover to remove any extra adhesive.
I hope you found these tips helpful. If all else fails and they still don’t work for you, they DO work well for events if you need a last minute mani for just one night! If you have tried these and have any other tips you’d like to leave for others, leave them in the comments below.
Thank you so much for reading/watching!