There’s been a new trend this year that has been one of my favorite trends. Mostly because it can be worn very casual, yet cute and I’m HERE for anything cute that can still be casual! The trend is called a “SHACKET”, or shirt-jacket. I wanted to round up some options for shackets today on the blog, as well as briefly give some styling tips on how to wear these!
What is a SHACKET?!
A Shacket is a shirt-jacket. It’s more of a utility style button up shirt (similar to a flannel) but thicker. Thick enough to wear as a jacket. Hence the name! 😉
Quick Tips on Styling a Shacket
- The more oversized the better- I look at the sizing and if it’s already an oversized fit, I grab my true size, but if it doesn’t look too oversized already, size up one or two sizes.
- Pair it with a sweatshirt, leggings and sneakers or combat boots, along with a beanie – very casual, yet trendy and cute!
- If you still have warmer weather and want a trendy look- pair it with a crop top and biker shorts with a beanie and dad shoes!
- Pair it with a bodysuit, jeans and some lace up boots (combat boots work too) & throw on a wide brim hat to top it off!
- Unbuttoned or buttoned up, it doesn’t matter. Style it your own way!
I found a ton of different Shackets online. The original one I purchased this year that was my ABSOLUTE FAV was from American Eagle, but when I went to share it, it was not just sold out, but not even available on their site anymore. Such a bummer, but there are so many other great options below!
What are your thoughts on SHACKETS? Are you here for the trend or is it not for you?!
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you found some great options and happy shopping!